- The J.A. & Kathryn Albertson Foundation made a major donation to fund the upcoming Ray Neef MD River Recreation Park. The two-part donation consists of a direct $750,000 grant to the new facility, with an additional pledge of $650,000 in matching funds for all community donations up to that amount received by Feb. 1, 2011.
- The first prominent feature of the new park complex, a pedestrian and bicycle bridge linking Boise and Garden City, is now under construction.
- All residents interested in strengthening our economy to take advantage of the foundation’s generous matching offer and donate what they can by February 1. If the deadline is met, construction of Phase I could be completed by spring 2012.
- Tax-deductible donations can be made to the Boise Friends of the Park, a volunteer organization, by visiting www.boiseriverpark.com. Make checks payable to the IdahoFoundation for Parks and Lands for the River Park.
- Read the Mayor’s eMemo for more information.
Thank you Albertson Family!