Volunteering with VPNA is a great way to build community and strengthen our neighborhood. Here are a few ways you can volunteer your time.
Join the board
The VPNA Board of Directors includes Officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary) and up to two Chairs to represent each sub-neighborhood. Please see this page if you are interested in joining the board!
Join a committee
- Jordan street garden. This committee manages the urban agriculture project at the Jordan street garden. See this page for more information.
- 30th Street Extension This committee provides input to ACHD and the City of Boise during comment periods (currently it is on break). The committee chair is Emily Yuen. See the page on the 30th street extension for more information.
No matter what your skills we can find the right fit for you. However, we do have some specific areas where we need help. Please contact us if you want to get involved!
- Contact neighbors and local businesses to make them aware of the work of the association.
- Manage our contact database
- Advocate for the neighborhood by attending meetings of city council, ACHD, etc.
- Design print materials
- Help plan social and fundraising events
- Write content for this site, promotional materials and newsletter
- Help write Neighborhood Reinvestment Grants to the City of Boise to implement positive changes in our neighborhood
- Research the unique history of the neighborhood