Parts of the greenbelt, including the Pleasanton Ave extension and northward along the east side of the Boise River, will be closed starting January 12. The closure is expected to last until the completion of Esther Simplot Park in Fall 2015. See this map for the location as well as detours.
There are two YMCA races coming up at our very own Quinn’s Pond this Saturday, July 12. A triathalon will start at 10am and a swim at 9am. There are different options for all levels to take part in the triathalon or the swim. Register to participate or just come watch the races!
Volunteers are needed Tuesday, Sept. 18, and Saturday, Sept. 22, to help conduct a survey of Greenbelt
Data collected from the 1-page survey will be used in management decisions for the 22.5 miles of Greenbelt pathways maintained by Boise Parks & Recreation. Managers use survey results to measure satisfaction and identify needs and problem areas on the Greenbelt.
Teams of 2-3 volunteers are needed in four-hour shifts at a variety of locations. Time shifts are from:
- 7:00-11:00 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- 3:00-6:00 p.m.
To sign up online, see bit.ly/IOmN8R and type “Boise Greenbelt Survey” in the search box. Or contact Jerry Pugh, Boise Parks & Recreation volunteer coordinator, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling (208) 608-7617.
Five sections of the Greenbelt have been closed because of high flows on the Boise River.
Areas that have been closed include:
• The tunnel on the south side East Parkcenter Bridge near Bown Crossing
• Loggers Creek footbridge from Leadville Avenue east to the West ParkCenter Bridge in Southeast Boise.
• The Bethine Church River Trail, a gravel section from the Cottonwoods Apartments on Riverstone Lane east to the powerline corridor near East Gossamer Lane in Southeast Boise.
• The Broadway Avenue underpass on the north side of the river near Boise State University.
• The Main Street tunnel on the north side of the river near Bernardine Quinn Riverside Park