The VPNA Annual Meeting is just around the corner. This year we’ll have a few presentations followed by an open house with a number of interesting booths highlighting the whitewater park, 30th Street area, historic walking trail and more!
Location: Whittier Elementary (click here for map )
Date and Time: Monday, March 21, 2011 from 6-8pm
The time commitment of being a board member is mostly up to the individual. At a minimum we’d like new members to attend most monthly board meetings (held the 3rd Monday of each month at Idaho River Sports from 6:30-8pm). If you choose to get involved outside of board meetings, what you do is also left open to personal choice. Some possibilities and past examples include:
- Representing VPNA on a CCDC sub-committee, connect to some portion of the 30th St plan implementation.
- Getting a community center built in our neighborhood
- Helping with fundraising to pay for our website and community events.
- Organizing neighborhood get-togethers.
- Writing grants. In the past year board members submitted grants that will hopefully pay for new playground equipment at Taft Elementary and another one to build a historical walking trail.
- Starting the Jordan Street Community Garden.
If you are interested in becoming a board member please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org